Built in the mid nineteenth century, the life size figures of St. Finian and St. Etchen were carved in Bolzano, Italy.
More recently, in 2009 Kelbuild Ltd. completed the Conservation and restoration of St. Finian’s Church. This was a small church, but required extensive restoration works.
- The roof was stripped with a new roof structure being fitted before slating with natural Blue Bangor slate.
- The temporary works consisted not only of the external scaffolding, but the protection of the internal hardwood ceilings in situ as the roof was structurally re-built.
- The internal walls were stripped back to the original stone and sealed.
- Externally the plaster was removed and re-plastered in traditional lime plaster.
- The floor tiles were removed, restored and re-laid as the original.